8/02/2009

'Blasphemy' row over erotic shots

This is ridiculous.

It's "God's masterpiece" but any attempt to capture it's full beauty is "blasphemous". I mean, really, the female body is sublime, and anybody claiming design would surely praise the design and, consequently, the designer, no? Why would a proud (and dammit, if the god of the bible isn't a proud bastard, then I don't know what pride is) be offended when someone decides to praise his work?

And, if he was offended, I would think a deity would be quite capable of saying so, instead of having old dolts in odd-looking clothes take legal action (which, in my experience, is a tortuously slow process). Surely a statement and a lightning bolt would convey the message both clearly and efficiently?

Note that I'm an atheist and I'm just trying to see it from a theistic POV. As usual, it's not making much sense.

---------------------

Add to FacebookAdd to DiggAdd to Del.icio.usAdd to StumbleuponAdd to RedditAdd to BlinklistAdd to TwitterAdd to TechnoratiAdd to FurlAdd to Newsvine

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario